Slovenian Armed Forces International Peacetime Establishment consists of three Slovenian Armed Forces representations and a national support element. A unified organizational structure ensures a unified and successful representation of the interests of the Slovenian Armed Forces and the Republic of Slovenia abroad. With its activities in international structures, it supports the common goals of NATO and the EU. The national support element provides national support for all Slovenian Armed Forces members on international peacetime duties.
Tasks of the SAF International Peacetime Establishment:
- Represent the interests of the Republic of Slovenia and the Slovenian Armed Forces in NATO and EU military committees and their working bodies
- Represent the Slovenian Armed Forces and provide its integration with NATO and EU organizational units
- Provide military advice to the Ambassadors to NATO and the EU
- Coordinate Slovenia’s contribution to international operations and missions and rapid reaction forces
- Provide national support to members on international peacetime duties
- Provide support to the common goals of the alliances by performing military duties in NATO, the EU and other international organizations
Members of the Slovenian Armed Forces on international peacetime duties are members of the Slovenian Armed Forces International Peacetime Establishment, which ensures national cohesion and homogeneity, a unified and successful representation of the interests of the Republic of Slovenia and the Slovenian Armed Forces abroad, and rational and effective support to its members.