Republic of Slovenia
Ministry of Defence
General Staff of the Slovenian
Vojkova cesta 55
T: +386 (0)1 471 22 11
F: +386 (0)1 471 16 50
Doctrine and Development Centre
Engelsova 15, SI-2111 Maribor, p. p. 1331
T: +386 2 449 40 04, +386 2 449 50 32
F: +386 2 449 51 00
The centre carries out scientific research in the field of education and training, military doctrine, theory and practice of military skills and the technological development of the Slovenian Armed Forces, development and evaluation of weapon systems and programming of military education and training.
- The Branch Division incorporates sections of the following branches: infantry, armour, artillery, engineering, signal, CBRN, aviation, air defence and navy, which direct the development of respective branches, provide specialist education and training at military schools and carry out scientific research in their respective areas.
- The Programme Development Division incorporates the Military Education and Training Development Section, Learning from Experience Section, E-Learning Section, Section of Development and Introduction of Personnel Systems and Publishing and Issuing Section. It studies the development of military education and training, personnel system, system of learning from experience and implementation of e-learning as well as carries out quality publishing activities.
- The Military Logistic Division prepares the professional basis for the organisation, development and operational work of military logistics, and harmonises it with the NATO logistic system and the civil logistic system in the Republic of Slovenia. The Division incorporates sections for supply, maintenance, movement and transportation and medical support.
- The Military Social Sciences and Sports Division studies international and Slovenian military and civil law, military topography and geography, military history, military sociology, military pedagogy and didactics as well as military sports.
- The Basic Military Science, Command and Leadership Division is responsible for the development of the leadership concept and the conduct of workshops according to the programmes of working with people. The division provides education at all military schools and conducts scientific research.