The fundamental purpose of international cooperation in the military area is the implementation of activities which effectively and directly support the efforts of the Republic of Slovenia as a partner and full member of NATO and the EU.
Since 29 March 2004, when Slovenia joined the North-Atlantic Alliance, the Slovenian Armed Forces have taken an even more active part in supporting international peace. Their activities comprise the participation of Slovenian Armed Forces members in peace support operations and humanitarian activities.
International operations and missions with the Slovenian Armed Forces participation:
The Slovenian Armed Forces also participate in allied structures with national military representations.
Representatives of the Slovenian Armed Forces also perform peacetime duties in military representations and NATO command and force structures, within the European Union, international organisations and bodies as well as in multinational commands and staffs. Members of the Slovenian Armed Forces on peacetime duties abroad form a part of the peacetime establishment of the Slovenian Armed Forces abroad, which provides national cohesion and homogeneity, uniform and successful representation of interests of the Republic of Slovenia and the Slovenian Armed Forces abroad as well as a rational and effective support for their troops.
Peacetime establishment of the Slovenian Armed Forces abroad
Commander: Brigadier General David Humar
Phone: 00386 1 230 5668
Address: Permanent Mission of the Republic of Slovenia to NATO, NATO HQ-NG Building, Blvd. Leopold III, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
The peacetime establishment of the Slovenian Armed Forces abroad is composed of three representations of the Slovenian Armed Forces and a National Support Element. A uniform organisational structure ensures a uniform and successful representation of interests of the Slovenian Armed Forces abroad. Its engagement within international structures supports common objectives, while the National Support Element provides national support for all representatives of the Slovenian Armed Forces on peacetime duties abroad.
• representing the interests of the Republic of Slovenia and the Slovenian Armed Forces in NATO and EU military committees and their working bodies;
• representing the Slovenian Armed Forces and their integration with the organisational units of NATO and the EU;
• providing military advice to the ambassadors of the Republic of Slovenia to NATO and the EU,
• coordinating Slovenian contribution to multinational operations and missions and Rapid Reaction Force;
• providing national support to servicemembers performing peacetime duties abroad
• providing support to common allied objectives by performing military duties in NATO, the EU and other international organisations.
- Military Representation to NATO and the EU (Brussels, Belgium),
- National Military Representation to the Allied Command Operations (Mons, Belgium),
- National Liaison Representation to the Allied Command Transformation (Norfolk, USA).