Republic of Slovenia
Ministry of Defence
General Staff of the Slovenian
Vojkova cesta 55
T: +386 (0)1 471 22 11
F: +386 (0)1 471 16 50
- The first Slovenian military patrol boat Ankaran 21 was christened in August 2015.
- In 1996, Ankaran 21 was the largest vessel to exercise control in Slovenian port water area.
- NATO mission AFOR Allied Harbour was the first engagement of the Slovenian Armed Forces in international military interventions and joint operations.
- Slovenian Armed Forces members participated in mission AFOR between 14 May and 28 June 1997.
- Prior to their deployment to mission ALBA, Slovenian Armed Forces members were addressed by the then President of the Republic of Slovenia Milan Kučan.
- Between 20 November and 2 December 1998, the first international military exercise Cooperative Adventure Exchange 98 (CAE 98) was organised on the territory of the Republic of Slovenia.
- In 1998, this was one of the largest NATO exercises, which was for the first time conducted outside NATO member states.
- Exercise CAE 98 included 5,500 participants, namely over 4,000 from NATO countries, 280 from PfP countries, and 1,210 members of the Slovenian Armed Forces.
- First Pilatus aircraft were supplied as early as in 1995.
- The project of upgrading the Pilatus PC9 – Hudournik aircraft concluded in November 1998.
- Combat shooting drill with Pilatus PC9 – Hudournik aircraft
- In 1996, the Slovenian Armed Forces introduces Israeli 155mm howitzers TN90 into operational service.
- Combat shooting drill with Pilatus PC9 – Hudournik
- In September 1997, the Slovenian Armed Forces participates in a UN mission for the first time by deploying servicemembers to Cyprus.